Thursday, March 7, 2013

Surviving 2012



I have been so remiss with my postings and it has been such a long time since I last wrote.  So.... my life over the last 4 months?  I have been so hooked onto watching Korean and Taiwanese dramas on my ipad for the past half a year and to make matters worse, just start picking up Sugar Crush the last two weeks!  They can definitely take my mind off one thing but getting too addicted to two hurts more.  I should have better things to do than that but I will just consider them as a therapy I need for now.


I have also been away for 5 weeks towards the end of 2012.  I thought it would not be easy going on my first long vacation without Terry.  I guess I underestimate my adaptability and ability to deal with situations by myself after being so dependable on someone on certain things for quite sometime.  My thanks to Virginia too as she has been nice and also brave enough to travel with one grumpy old gal.

To my surprise, I have been able to handle my emotions quite well during my vacation.  Maybe 'out of sight out mind' do work for me and I even managed to keep my composure most of the time when seeing families and friends in Hong Kong.

Coming home is a different story.  I thought I would feel refreshed and be able to wash away some of the surface sorrow and pain in this trip.  I thought I would be a happier person in general.  Instead, coming home for the festive season might have been a bad decision as surviving the first holiday season without your love was so suffocating and difficult!

2012 has been the most difficult year in my life so far.  Words just cannot describe well of my feelings.  Though I get to understand walking in is easier than getting out.  The longer you walk in the deeper you fall.  However, keep walking in one direction is a habit and getting out to make a turn in life is a struggle.  How much energy do I have to get myself out?  I am running low on gas!  Where is the recharge station for me?  BUT, I know I will reach there one day and I know I am getting there soon!



I am sharing some of the pictures I took during my last trip to Asia in November.  

Jiuzhai Valley National Park

Jiuzhai Valley National Park

Jiuzhai Valley National Park

Jiuzhai Valley National Park

My dream comes true!  I have always wanted to visit the
Leshan Giant Buddha in Sichuan, China

Aren't they cute?

Who are you staring at, Wayne?

This is so cool!

My favorite hot pot in Chengdu

Lost $40 betting on this horse!!

My Sis and I.  Do we look alike?







No comments: