Friday, August 24, 2012

Divorces







My one year old laptop that Terry got me went gaga this week.  After restoring it to an earlier date, the whole Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus disappeared into thin air and looked like it was in the process of filing for a divorce.  I have to technically post a WANTED poster for all the missing softwares as separation is out of my equation in this relationship.   I   do not want to let go of it yet.  Being a computer dummy myself, it left me with no choice but to call Raymond, the Bounty Hunter for help.  I left my laptop with him yesterday and hopefully he can locate the missing party for me to save my bond.
 
I get to appreciate Terry more because of this incident.  He was truly a problem solver.  That might sound simple but I am sure everyone of you do come across a lot of people, be it co-workers or friends who may sometimes create as many problems as they set out to solve and also may first start off with finger pointing, ranting, questioning your ability and throwing blames at you for what happened.  With Terry, you could always go to him for help when things happened unexpectedly, he would listen and then go an extra mile to fix the problems for you and most importantly, made you look good when you were already mad at yourself for problems created.  He was just one great guy, period.  To me, at least.  I miss him so much!!

Just earlier this week, I pronounced myself guilt-free.  Then I realized wishful thinking is one thing but truthful feeling is another.   I can finally understand why modern marriage is so fragile.  Even after the Marriage Commissioner pronounced you Mr and Mrs Smith, you may still easily find yourself sitting in a lawyer's office signing divorce papers one day.  I guess we all have to be truthful to your heart.  I still have these guilt feelings in me which I cannot deny and hopefully all these wrinkly guilts can be ironed out one day, but not now.


 

No comments: