Saturday, August 4, 2012

No Pain No Gain?



I was watching the 2012 Summer Olympics last week and heard the host said "No Pain No Gain". These four words just struck me like lightning and led me to start pondering upon what am I gaining or will be gaining from the pain that I am suffering from now. I have been trying to find an answer to this question for a few days but am stuck at the emotion cul de sac with no way out.

  
People keep telling me God has His plan for me and that I may not understand it now but will eventually find out His meaning in the future.  They are right.  I really do not know what His plan is for me now and I am actually angry at Him for taking Terry away from me and cannot stop asking "Why Terry?", "Why Me?".  He is the one who gave Terry to me and He is also the one who took Terry away.    On one hand, I cannot help blaming God but on the other, I know I should not be angry at Him for He did extend His Almighty Hands to keep Terry from suffering too much pain during his last days on earth and He was always there for Terry when he needed Him the most.

I am confused, perplexed and fluttered with mixed feelings.  My faith has never been strong and will it go shattering and drifting away with the passing of Terry?  A few days ago, I was listening to the song "Footprints in the Sand" (I am sharing this lovely song with you in this post) and then I realized God has never once given up on me regardless how unworthy I am:

I promise you, I'm always there
When your heart is full of sadness and despair
I'll carry you when you need a friend
You'll find my footprints in the sand



Isn't it  amazing to know that God is carrying us when we are in pain and despair?  I still do not know what I will be gaining as yet but at least I know God is with me during this difficult time and indeed reassuring to know God will take care of me in place of Terry now.


“Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people.
But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your
power to remain firm: at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the
strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.”          

                                                                             - 1 Corinthians chapter 10 verse 13














FOOTPRINTS

No comments: