Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Had A Dream




I had a weird dream last night, the night after I visited Terry in Yarrow that afternoon.  In the dream, Wayne told me his brother was not home all night.  I then called Terry on his cell to make sure he was sound and safe (I still remember clearly the number I called in the dream was someone else's phone number).  Terry answered the phone and his voice was so full of energy, cheerful and excited.  He told me he had a new assignment or a new position with the company and he had lots to do.  He  had been working all night compiling a report or something.  I told him work was not all important and right at that point, it came to me Terry was no longer with us and he was gone for good.  Then, who was I talking to?  I remained calm and that voice on the other end started to change, a voice that I could not recognize.  The guy then told me he was turning a new page in life and he had to work hard......  seemed like our phone lines got crossed and I was talking to a total stranger.   I was not scared a bit in the dream and woke up with a vivid memory of the dream.

Is Terry trying to convey a message to me in my dream that he has moved on and is happy with what he is doing now?  Maybe he wants to convince me to walk out of my grieving process and stop dwelling in the pool of sorrow and grief.  I hear you, Terry.  I cannot tell you how long this road called grief is, or when I can reach its end, but I know I will reach it and it is just a matter of time.  I will try to fill each day with more hope and less grief.  I promise you I will try my best to live a better life.



 

"As they go through the Valley of Baca they make it
 a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools.
They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion." 
Psalm 84:6







Psalm 84 teaches us how to make our lives a journey of victory and rejoicing, even in the midst of suffering and trials.  “Baca” in Hebrew means “weeping”.  We all pass through a good deal of weeping and grieving in this life.  However, it is not good to let grief get the best of us.  In God, we have hope and we are able to turn our Valleys of Weeping into places of refreshment and renewal, so that we progress from strength to strength as we travel our journey toward the heavenly Zion.        [Source: http://www.breakpoint.org/the-center/columns/viewpoint/17515-a-valley-of-tears]




No comments: