Thursday, August 30, 2012

Watching TV




I was watching the RNC (Republican National Conference) 2012 on MSNBC earlier and was thinking if Terry was still with us, he would be watching the same programme on TV.  He was into US politics as he seriously considered himself to be a half American just because Mum Lorna was also holding an American passport (I believe she was born in Canada)!   He would sing National Anthems for both Canada and USA when we went to hockey games at GM Place.





We discussed about US politics (elementary level of course) at times and Republican was the party we would vote for.  I guess that's why our relationship managed to last for almost 8 years because I was on the same page with him for at least one thing; otherwise, I could have easily been history in his life in Day 32 as we never agreed on what to eat, where to go, how to drive.... the list just went on and on.   Of course, what really held us together was the proximity of our core values in life and we also shared the same work ethics. 

I have been forming a habit after Terry passed away.  I try to remind myself to turn on the TV the day when BC Lions play as football was one of his favourite sports.  In this way, he would have the chance to watch them play if he happened to drop by to see me that day.   Nascar is another sport that he would not miss on Sundays but sorry Terry I am really not into it.  What a waste to fall asleep while watching TV on a weekend, right?!  Am I forgiven?



 

No comments: