Monday, July 9, 2012

Terry - The Love of My Life

Terry and I have only been together for seven and a half years. Even though it was a relatively short period of time, he was a man no one can replace… at least not in my heart. The Terry I know was very committed to his job. He was always sitting in front of his laptop working seven days a week that would drive me insane. He would put his personal life and home chores aside because of work. However, looking back now, I began to realize regardless how busy he was, he would still find time for me and take very good care of me. Especially in the last six months of his life, it confirmed that Terry was a giving man with very big heart. I am sorry if I did not constantly demonstrate how much you meant to me. I do appreciate everything you did for me and the devoted love that you continuously showered me with.


Terry had a good sense of humor even when he was sick. One of the nurses at VGH Palliative Care Unit noticed he had a haircut one day and said to him, ``Terry, you have a haircut.`` Terry replied, `` I do not have a hair cut. I have all hair cut.`` She told me it took her 2 days to figure out what he meant. I remembered one time he imitated my friend Virginia`s voice and left a message on my voicemail. Then to find out it was Terry who did it after calling my friend who was unaware of placing any phone call to me.

Marrying Terry was the best decision I ever made in my life. He was such a remarkable husband taking exceptionally good care of me and made me felt like a Queen every day. Even though our marriage life was short and our activities for the last six months were limited only to the house and the hospital, he had left behind wonderful memories for me to embrace upon for the rest of my life.



Terry may be in heaven with his parents now. I am sure he is happy there because in heaven there is peace. I know he is looking down at me with a big smile on his face saying, “Put on your second gear – make the best of life – and I will see you soon.” I know he will watch over me, his baby brother Wayne and all his beloved relatives and friends and protect us from harm as we live our life here on earth.


Terry, you will always be remembered and you will always live in my heart for as long as I live. I love you and I will keep on loving you. I miss you calling me ``Dingbat` so much. Goodbye, my dear `PAPA`, the love of my life.




No comments: